Previous World No. 4 Kei Nishikori said he tested positive at Covid-19 on Sunday. The Japanese on trial in Florida traveled to New York on Monday, August 17 to participate in the Western and Southern Open (W&S) and the US Open.
Since then, Western and Southern Open deals have been rejected. Nishikori also announced that he would report again on his well-being on Friday, August 21.
Kei Nishikori was positive, absent from the Western and Southern Open.
Also Read: How to Watch US Open 2020 Live Stream
Nishikori’s post, shared on his official keisapp website, said, “Greetings everyone, I have some tragic news today.
Today when I was still in Florida I was tested for Covid19 and it tested positive. I should quit the Cincinnati game now. My group and I will try again on Friday so usually have another update. ”
Nishikori shared his thoughts on his condition, adding, “I feel great and have virtually no side effects, but it will be for everyone at the end of the breakup.” Finally, referring to his currently sabotaged street elements, he said, “We were supposed to arrive in New York tomorrow (Monday, August 17), but of course we’re in Florida now.
The next update is on Friday. The game from Cincinnati, which moved bases to New York this year, would have been the 30-year old’s first game in almost 12 months. The last time Nishikori played there was due to an elbow injury. The US Open 2019.
In 2020, before the pandemic, it was imperative that tennis hibernates for about a year and a half. Nishikori had retired from the ATP Cup, the Australian Open, the New York Open and the Delray Beach Open for both first months.
Former US Open finalist Kei Nishikori in 2014 (lost to Marin Cilic) achieved top results twice in the third round of the Western and Southern Open in 2012 and 2015. On this occasion, Nishikori lost in two sets in the second round against fellow countryman Yoshihito Nishioka.